If You do not receive an email after registering ,check your spam folder in Your mailbox .
Auto registration in the queue from 5 minutes to 12 hours

If you have problems logging on the forum, write your message in the technical support forum
Registration is not required

Technical support Forum

Question about the B-double/triple trailers

Topic author
InsanE
VIP
VIP
Loyalty: 0 (+0/−0)
With us: 6 years 9 months
Flag: Australia

Question about the B-double/triple trailers

Unread post #1by InsanE » 17.03.2019, 04:58

Hi guys,

Quick question about the b-double/triple trailers: https://rta-mods.net/en/2-news/51-double-trailer
and these: https://rta-mods.net/en/2-news/58-skeletal

I have them installed like I did before getting these updated, I cant see them in any of the "freight market" jobs and in the "trailer browser" is there any certain order I have to put them in? Any suggestions?

Geronimo_Express
VIP
VIP
Loyalty: 208 (+209/−1)
With us: 7 years 2 months

Unread post #2by Geronimo_Express » 17.03.2019, 09:13

Hi InsanE,
could you attach a copy of your "game.log.txt" file, that would make it easier to see what's going on. :wink:
Cheers
Ian
OziModz Custom Mods
https://ozimodz.com

Topic author
InsanE
VIP
VIP

Unread post #3by InsanE » 17.03.2019, 15:27

sorry mate...here it is!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

room217au
VIP
VIP
Loyalty: 107 (+107/−0)
With us: 7 years 8 months

Unread post #4by room217au » 17.03.2019, 17:25

First up..

Code: Select all

[zipfs] Outlaw Custom Peterbilt 379 V3.1.scs: Mounted, 11379 entries [0xf00fe8cb]

should be burned, bashed and buried.
11379 files? For a truck? Really?
That modder takes parts from other trucks. Any other errors in that game.log which include "389v2" in the text, are because that's Viper's 389.

Errors ending with "model in wrong format" means it's a very old mod. The game can actually convert those PMG files on the fly in game-time, but it's a bit of a process. Let me know if you wanna go that path.

Warnings containing "No display_name defined" can be ignored. Simply means that Mod Manager doesn't know what to display in your mods list for that mod.

"[zipfs] ATS_CAM-Mods_KW-T408_2.0.scs"
I d'loaded that the other day. You may as well hang a 1ton lead weight off your PC, coz that's all that mod is.

"<WARNING> [mods] Unknown category 'trailer container'" can be ignored as well. Just needs to be changed to "trailer". You can do that in the manifest.sii file, but the trailer mod has a manifest in each of parts 1 and 2. You can open part 1, but unless you have the right software tools, part2 is reported as a broken archive - but it really isn't.

"[zipfs] Peterbilt 389 v2.1.scs"
I think that's Viper's 389. Current ATS workshop version is 2.2.2

KW-T609_v1.4_Part1.scs | >/unit/hookup/small_blue2_led.sii', line 3:
00:00:44.133 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'flare.vehicle.smallblue2led' is in wrong format.

The "smallblue2led" is 13 characters. This is too many. RTA should know that. I changed mine to smlblue2led (11 chars) and that error disappeared.

00:00:45.463 : <WARNING> Ignoring obsolete attribute 'truck_brands' of unit 'economy.data.storage' (of type 'economy_data').
00:00:45.463 : <WARNING> Ignoring obsolete attribute 'truck_brands' of unit 'economy.data.storage' (of type 'economy_data').
00:00:45.463 : <WARNING> Ignoring obsolete attribute 'driver_revenue_per_km' of unit 'economy.data.storage' (of type 'economy_data').
00:00:45.463 : <WARNING> Ignoring obsolete attribute 'revenue_per_km' of unit 'economy.data.storage' (of type 'economy_data').

All of these warnings suggest to me that you have an economy mod that is out of date. In game version 1.31 the truck dealer code was changed.
Some other issues with that alleged economy mod "may" be also contributing to trailers not appearing in freight market.

"<WARNING> Ignoring obsolete attribute 'hi_beam_sign_color' of unit 'xenon.peterbilt.379v2.head_lights' (of type 'accessory_head_lights_data')."
and others like it confirm that Outlaw's 379 should be taken out the back and shot at dawn.

"<WARNING> [mods] No display_name defined in b_train. Using package name instead."
and/or
"[zipfs] PACK_DOBLE_FULL.scs: Mounted, 336 entries [0xdefefefe]"
Those two trailer mods I have had issues with before.

There's nothing OBVIOUS in your game log about freight market glitches, except that economy mod.
It should be also noted that double-trailers are only available for jobs out of Nevada or to Nevada (I think).
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

Topic author
InsanE
VIP
VIP

Unread post #5by InsanE » 18.03.2019, 02:20

Hmm ok, ill change that T609 code to the way you have it and see what happens, as for the PACK_DOBLE_FULL and the b_train, I don't use them anymore...that game log is a couple of weeks old and the b double/triple trailers didn't cause the crash.....I may have to take out outlaws trucks and see what happens.

And for this:
"Errors ending with "model in wrong format" means it's a very old mod. The game can actually convert those PMG files on the fly in game-time, but it's a bit of a process. Let me know if you wanna go that path." How hard will it be for me to do this? I think this error is because of the PACK DOBLE and b_train mods....

"<WARNING> [mods] Unknown category 'trailer container'" can be ignored as well. Just needs to be changed to "trailer". You can do that in the manifest.sii file, but the trailer mod has a manifest in each of parts 1 and 2. You can open part 1, but unless you have the right software tools, part2 is reported as a broken archive - but it really isn't." What software would i need to open part 2?

Added after 11 minutes 49 seconds:
Sorry, I thought this game log was a couple of weeks old apparently not....lol

room217au
VIP
VIP

Unread post #6by room217au » 18.03.2019, 10:20

InsanE wrote:I may have to take out outlaws trucks and see what happens.
Do this first.
Sell any Outlaw trucks you own. Save the game. Restart the game. Quit. Check your log file.

InsanE wrote:"Errors ending with "model in wrong format" means it's a very old mod. The game can actually convert those PMG files on the fly in game-time, but it's a bit of a process. Let me know if you wanna go that path." How hard will it be for me to do this? I think this error is because of the PACK DOBLE and b_train mods....
okay, this can be a long process.

1. Unpack the "PACK_DOBLE_FULL" mod into a directory somewhere.
2. Make a new directory somewhere called: dump
3. Open Steam, right click on American Truck Simulator in your Games Library. Select "Properties".
4. In the window that opens next, click "Set Launch Options".
5. In the new windowbox that opens after that, you'll see a text box to type in. Copy and paste this into that text box:
-conversion_dump_path "X:\dump"
(where X is the letter of your hard drive where you made the dump directory)
(Yes, you have to use the quotes around X:\dump)
(If there are any other text in that Set Launch Options text box, you must leave a space after the last character before adding the conversion_dump switch)
6. Click Ok.

Run the game. Select a job that uses the Doble Trailers. Drive to the company and connect that trailer. Save the game and exit.

Look at the dump directory. In there, should be a series of directories and files. These are the files that the game found to be in the old format. Only the relevant pmg files will exist there. If that dump directory is empty, then it's safe to assume that the Outlaw Peterbilt was the mod causing the errors.
If there ARE directory or directories existing in dump location, they will EXACTLY match the same directories and files in your PACK_DOBLE mod. You should be able to open two instances of Windows Explorer with one showing the unpacked mod, and the other showing the dump directory.
Simply copy all the PMG files to EXACTLY THE SAME DIRECTORY LOCATION in your mod. OVerwrite the original PMG.
Once you have done this for ALL PMG files in the dump directory, re-pack the PACK_DOBEL mod, using the same extension.
Delete ALL directories in the dump location.

Run the game again, save and exit, check your game log.
If there are no errors about PMG files being outdated, you've succeeded. Then repeat steps 1through 5 above, and remove the
-conversion_dump_path "X:\dump"

=======================================================================================================================

InsanE wrote:What software would i need to open part 2?
I may have misled you. The particular application to do this has been discontinued. I looked earlier today and the Github repository (download location) has been removed.

Added after 2 minutes 41 seconds:
PS. Sorry, I meant just remove the -conversion_dump_path "X:\dump" text from the Set Launch Options, if you've solved your errors about PMG files, instead of repeating steps 1 through 5

Topic author
InsanE
VIP
VIP

Unread post #7by InsanE » 20.03.2019, 08:52

Thanks ill try that out when I get time and let you know!

Topic author
InsanE
VIP
VIP

Unread post #8by InsanE » 25.03.2019, 03:55

I tried to unpack the Doble_full and it wont let me, ah well....ill just remove them along with any other mods I don't use....I have cleared the one with the T609:

KW-T609_v1.4_Part1.scs | >/unit/hookup/small_blue2_led.sii', line 3:
00:00:44.133 : <ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'flare.vehicle.smallblue2led' is in wrong format.

Cleared that one but yeah as you said I cant open the part 2 to the same....all good, thanks for the help!

room217au
VIP
VIP

Unread post #9by room217au » 25.03.2019, 13:39

I drove past Bargo on my way home from Griffith ona weekend :)

Topic author
InsanE
VIP
VIP

Unread post #10by InsanE » 25.03.2019, 16:16

Nice man! I was working :(

Return to “Technical support”