If You do not receive an email after registering ,check your spam folder in Your mailbox .
Auto registration in the queue from 5 minutes to 12 hours

If you have problems logging on the forum, write your message in the technical support forum
Registration is not required

Technical support Forum

Peterbilt 359 - fps low on 2080ti /4k

Topic author
David_R
VIP
VIP
Loyalty: 4 (+4/−0)
With us: 5 years
Flag: Great Britain

Unread post #21by David_R » 21.03.2019, 02:48

Interestingly enough, my CPU is hardly being stretched at all. The GPU on the other hand maxes out at points where the fps dips.

Geronimo_Express
VIP
VIP
Loyalty: 208 (+209/−1)
With us: 7 years 2 months
Flag: Australia

Unread post #22by Geronimo_Express » 21.03.2019, 15:03

Hi David_R,

Looking at your graphics settings screen that you posted there are a couple of other things that you might like to try.

1. The in-game MLAA antialiasing is pretty inefficient: You could use the NVIDIA Control Panel to improve this:
Under the "Manage 3D Settings" task at the left, select "Program Settings" tab. Select "American Truck Simulator" from the drop-down menu (or create a new profile for it via the "Add" button if it doesn't appear automatically). This will give you a range of options for configuring your 3D settings:

Set "Antialiasing - FXAA" to "On"
Set "Antialiasing - Mode" to "Override any application setting"
Select an "Antialiasing - Setting" of "2x", "4x" or "8x" (The higher the setting the higher the quality and the GPU load, so perhaps try low first & then work upwards)
Set "Antialiasing - Transparency" to "Multisample" for higher performane, or "Supersample" for higher quality.

After doing the above and saving the changes in NVIDIA Control Panel, launch ATS/ETS2 and go into Graphics Settings and disable the "Antialiasing (MLAA)".

This will usually provide a performance improvement without sacrificing quality and provides more tweaking to suit your needs.

2. In both ATS and ETS the Mirror quality settings can have a significant impact on the GPU performance. The first thing you could try is to decrease the "Mirror Distance" setting from "Ultra" to "High" or even "Medium" to reduce how much of the scene behind you is getting rendered by the GPU.

3. There is a utility called "GPU Tweak II" which is included with ROG Strix cards and is also freely available from the Republic of Gamers area on the ASUS website at: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Even if you don't use the overclocking capabilities of GPU Tweak, the Gaming System Booster is worth using and I find that does make a difference even when running heavy mods and high graphics settings by fine-tuning system settings & stopping background services etc which aren't required while gaming.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Ian
OziModz Custom Mods
https://ozimodz.com

Topic author
David_R
VIP
VIP
Loyalty: 4 (+4/−0)
Flag: Great Britain

Unread post #23by David_R » 22.03.2019, 21:04

Thankyou Ian for the pointers.

I have tried most settings within nvidias own options and within the games own graphic options and it seems that the only troublesome truck mod still remains to be the 359. Perhaps something I need to remember is to downscale when driving in this truck in ATS. ETS2 is fine.

I can run any truck at a constant 60fps/4k ultra settings in any situation except for the 359. I just turn a few things down when I use that truck now. I even tried 1080p @ 400% scaling and I get 140fps so no issues running a more mainstream resolution.

So I wont say anymore about it unless someone with a similar system can run tests amongst the devs to see if anything can be done but I appreciate this is probably not worth it,, especially if no-one else has an issue with it.

Thanks anyway - I still support RTA and enjoy your truck mods

David

Bomberman82
VIP
VIP
Loyalty: 47 (+47/−0)
Flag: Germany

Unread post #24by Bomberman82 » 02.04.2019, 00:04

Geronimo_Express wrote:Hi David_R,

Looking at your graphics settings screen that you posted there are a couple of other things that you might like to try.

1. The in-game MLAA antialiasing is pretty inefficient: You could use the NVIDIA Control Panel to improve this:
Under the "Manage 3D Settings" task at the left, select "Program Settings" tab. Select "American Truck Simulator" from the drop-down menu (or create a new profile for it via the "Add" button if it doesn't appear automatically). This will give you a range of options for configuring your 3D settings:

Set "Antialiasing - FXAA" to "On"
Set "Antialiasing - Mode" to "Override any application setting"
Select an "Antialiasing - Setting" of "2x", "4x" or "8x" (The higher the setting the higher the quality and the GPU load, so perhaps try low first & then work upwards)
Set "Antialiasing - Transparency" to "Multisample" for higher performane, or "Supersample" for higher quality.

After doing the above and saving the changes in NVIDIA Control Panel, launch ATS/ETS2 and go into Graphics Settings and disable the "Antialiasing (MLAA)".

This will usually provide a performance improvement without sacrificing quality and provides more tweaking to suit your needs.

2. In both ATS and ETS the Mirror quality settings can have a significant impact on the GPU performance. The first thing you could try is to decrease the "Mirror Distance" setting from "Ultra" to "High" or even "Medium" to reduce how much of the scene behind you is getting rendered by the GPU.

3. There is a utility called "GPU Tweak II" which is included with ROG Strix cards and is also freely available from the Republic of Gamers area on the ASUS website at: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Even if you don't use the overclocking capabilities of GPU Tweak, the Gaming System Booster is worth using and I find that does make a difference even when running heavy mods and high graphics settings by fine-tuning system settings & stopping background services etc which aren't required while gaming.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
Ian

Wow thank you for this tipp. I use also Reshade Programm to make it a little bit more better. The only issiue is the type art looks a little bit fuzzy but no problem for me.

Return to “Technical support”