If You do not receive an email after registering ,check your spam folder in Your mailbox .
Auto registration in the queue from 5 minutes to 12 hours

If you have problems logging on the forum, write your message in the technical support forum
Registration is not required

Technical support Forum

Why ETS2 and ATS are still on DX9?

Аватара
Автор темы
DriverGeo
Новичок
Новичок
Лояльность: 17 (+17/−0)
С нами: 2 года 3 месяца
Flag: Romania
Контактная информация:

Why ETS2 and ATS are still on DX9?

Непрочитанное сообщение #1 DriverGeo » 16.05.2016, 10:12

I play ETS2 and ATS since day 1, i played ETS1 and German Truck Sim and UK Truck Sim and all trucking games that SCS has made so far. And i wonder why the games that we love so much are not updated technologically.

Both mainstream games from SCS are running on DX9 which is from 2003 and i wish so much that SCS could give more attention to this aspect, not just releasing paintjob after paintjob, even though i understand why, they have many employes and they must get paid.

Also the trips across the globe with a full team are expensive.

The sound recording equipment that SCS uses to record sounds that never end up in the game is expensive. I get that.

Still, we are in 2016 and i know for sure that SCS can make ETS2 and ATS on DX11 but, are they lazy or just ignorant with the community demand?

I love these games, i stream them, i make videos with them and i wish the best for them, i want them to be the preetyest games out there, but ETS2 is 3 years old and still is one of the badest games optimised and bad looking.

This video is my opinion and my thoughts on the matter.

http://youtu.be/SmoROVHR_1U

Аватара
Автор темы
DriverGeo
Новичок
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение #2 DriverGeo » 17.05.2016, 10:02

As a complemetation, ohaha (moderator on scs forums) deleted my video for insulting SCS staff and given me a warning for this.
Can someone from here tell me is and where i insulted SCS staff in my video? Thank you.

Аватара
PAPY11
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Лояльность: 312 (+313/−1)
Flag: France
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение #3 PAPY11 » 17.05.2016, 12:05

Hello, DriverGeo I I saw none offend continuous your video who(which) are great :class:

Аватара
Solutech
VIP
VIP
Лояльность: 0 (+0/−0)
Flag: Great Britain

Непрочитанное сообщение #4 Solutech » 17.05.2016, 13:56

Would changing dx9 to 11 not require a complete rewrite of the game engine ? I can understand why the devs may not want to do it if thats the case .

Аватара
Автор темы
DriverGeo
Новичок
Новичок
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение #5 DriverGeo » 18.05.2016, 16:37

I like the word "yet". Maybe project Long Road will come true.
At least to the point where SCS will see it as a threat and they will start to work on their game.

I think that for RTA, Long Road should be a high priority project.

Аватара
tekani
VIP
VIP
Лояльность: 0 (+0/−0)
Flag: New Zealand

Непрочитанное сообщение #6 tekani » 19.05.2016, 07:15

Hi there
i didn't think your comments were insulting, i think that it is a good idea to keep devs up to date to what the people want. Don't get me wrong i love what they have done with ETS 2 and ATS but I was a little disappointed with what came out with ATS. Thought there would of been a lot more variety with trucks and locations. I understand that there is licencing issues but if it wasn't for the modding community I would of stopped playing a long time ago..
Sometimes people need a little bit of a" kick in the ass" (as we say here in NZ) to get them motivated and maybe your comments might make them think about your concerns
I would be very keen to see this project "Long Road" come to life as many of you out there would too. I for one would love to be driving a B train or any multi pivot trailer combo against a strong headwind with dust flying everywhere...WOW...I really hope that this happens.
By the way Geo, you do a great job of your videos and i enjoy watching them..keep it up
Thanks also to RTA for making ETS 2 and ATS a far more enjoyable experience.. Your attention to detail is great and those sounds are awesome (thanks Kriechbaum)

cheers

Вернуться в «Video»